ASTM C131 • ASTM C535 • EN 1097-2
- Used for testing of coarse aggregates, with a maximum size smaller than 37.5 mm (1-½”), for resistance to degradation. It is considered as an indicator of the relative quality or competence of various sources of aggregate having similar mineral compositions.
- A combination of actions including abrasion or attrition, impact, and grinding in a rotating steel drum containing a specified number of steel spheres along with the test specimen.
- Consists of a hollow steel cylinder, with a wall thickness of 12 mm (1/2”) closed at both ends having an inside diameter of 711 mm (28”), and an inside length of 508 mm (20”).
- The drum rotates at 31 – 33 rpm.
- Supplied with an automatic digital counter that shows the number of revolutions for the drum.
- Supplied less with abrasive charges (should be ordered srparately)